Six Utrecht University researchers receive ERC Consolidator Grant
The European Research Council (ERC) has awarded prestigious grants to six Utrecht University researchers. They each receive a ERC Consolidator Grant with a maximum of 2 million euro, which enables them to consolidate their research groups.
The six awarded Utrecht University researchers are:
- Dr. Hugo de Jong, Radiology, Faculty of Medicine. More info (Dutch)
- Prof. dr. Petra de Jongh, Chemistry, Faculteit of Science. More info
- Prof. dr. Maarten Kleinhans, Physical Geography, Faculteit of Geosciences. More info and video
- Dr. ir. Jos Malda, Orthopedics, Faculties of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine. More info (Dutch)
- Prof. dr. Sandra Ponzanesi, Gender studies, Faculteit of Humanities. More info
- Prof. dr. Jacco van Rheenen, Intravital Microscopy, Hubrecht Instituut
The ERC Consolidator Grant funding will enable already independent excellent researchers to consolidate their own research teams and to develop their most innovative ideas across the European Research Area. It has a duration up to five years.